Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I adore pizza!

No matter how many raw fruits and veggies I eat...........I will never give up my pizza!
My pizza made in the oven.

I made this the other night with the following simple ingredients:

1 cup warm water
1 package yeast, sprinkle of sugar, Tbsp. olive oil
2 cups flour (you can do half white, half whole wheat)
tomatoes from a local farm
shredded mozarella
rosemary

And this is what I did:

1) dissolve package of yeast in 1 cup water.
let sit for 5 min. Add sprinkle of sugar, and Tbsp. of olive oil.

2) Put the yeast mixture into a large bowl.

3) add 2 cups flour, mix, and let sit for about 10-15 min.(note: the longer you let this dough sit, the "breadier" it will become)

4) I coat my pizza stone with olive oil and put the dough on it. I flour my hand
and press it down and out.

5) I then generously coat the top with olive oil and BAKE THE CRUST FIRST, for about
15 min, or until lightly browned. ( I bake it @ 400 degrees)

6) next, I take it out and add the sliced tomatoes, mozarella, and rosemary (on my section)

7) bake for about 10 min. on bottom rack, then maybe 5-10 min on top rack, depending on how brown you like it.

And that's it!


After I plate my pieces up, I'll add cracked black pepper and some sea salt and I'm good to go! :) Yummy!


If you ever have any questions about any of my recipes, please feel free to contact me, or leave a comment:)

I am so looking forward to fall..........the cooler temps make me want to bake more. I see banana bread and chicken pot pie in my future! Until next time my friends...............

No comments:

Post a Comment