Wednesday, May 8, 2013

rainy day smoothie

Today I made a smoothie..........yum! :)

I put the following ingredients in my ninja blender and whooped it up!

2 handfuls total of a blueberry, raspberry, blackberry mix
1 banana
cup or two (depending on how you like it) of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Tablespoon of ground flaxseeds
1/2 teaspoon maca root powder
Tablespoon raw honey


When I woke up this morning I was starving! I used to just grab anything with my coffee, even if it was a chocolate chip cookie, just to satisfy my hunger. It's like I couldn't wait...........I didn't want to feel hunger. I have a lot of chilhood issues that threw me into an eating disorder and poor body image/self esteem. After many years of soul searching and therapy, I am so relieved to say, that's not an issue today.

Today, I was able to wait for my smoothie. I got my daughter off to school, my husband off to work, and then it was time to nourish myself with an antioxidant power packed smoothie!

Take the time to make foods and drinks that are good for you. You are worth it! :)

1 comment:

  1. This is a fantastic post! i love it.
    [url=http://www.jikoni.co.in]Modular Kitchen Collection[/url]

    ReplyDelete